GBA volunteer admin changes

Read me first before posting anywhere!

GBA volunteer admin changes

Postby Nazgul » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Please welcome Sammydee as the newest GBA volunteer admin. Sam has been one of our most prolific and successful local ambassadors of both geocaching and the GBA. His even-handedness, and the respect that we all have for him, made him a natural and obvious choice for this role.

Today is Sammydee's first day on the job so please refrain from abusing him too much until tomorrow. I'll be working offline to get him up to speed.

With Sammydee's arrival, we also have reluctantly allowed Bullit to take off his kevlar admin hat and return to regular GBA member status. The members don't see all of the behind the scenes work that goes on, so I wanted to take the opportunity to recognize and thank Bullit for all of the work he's done for the GBA in the past several years. He's organized group buys, did much/most of the GBA Coin Club work, handled many of the new user approvals, provided email support, dealt with problems and people no one really wants to have to deal with, etc. He'll be missed, but we're also glad he'll have more time to brew beer for the rest of us. :D

We're approaching the 5th anniversary of the GBA and this site. As time permits, I'm hoping to see us expand the ranks of the volunteer admins and bring in some fresh energy and perspectives. Thanks to everyone for your continued support, and again to Sammydee and Bullit for their volunteer work here.
"Your theory is crazy... but it's not crazy enough to be true." - Niels Bohr
Nazgul
Site Admin

Geocaching.com User Name: Nazgul

Postby sammydee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Nazgul, thanks for the nice words. Bullit, I want that Kevlar hat. :)
Preserve our local history!
Umunhum Conservancy
sammydee
Site Admin

Geocaching.com User Name: sammydee

Return to Announcements