Transitions

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Transitions

Postby workerofwood » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Greetings all!

For the past couple of years (since we started the site) the Digitalfish (Lynn and Terry) have been graciously hosting the site and keeping everything running smoothly. They've done a great job of keeping it up and running, making mods and fixing update bugs. But they've served their sentence, and have asked for parole, so it's time to let them move along, lower their PG&E bill and enjoy an uninterrupted vacation or two...

Over the next month we will be exploring moving the site hosting to a commercial service, and will also be in need of someone to take on program management duty, hence a job offer:

Wanted: Site Manager. Proficient in php and HTML. Experience with
MySQL desired. Experience with phpBB and Coppermine or a willingness to learn. Small time commitment likely unless it isn't, no pay beyond the
feeling that you are contributing to the greater good, thick skin
preferable.

IM me or Lynn and we'll talk. If you have any experience with hosting services, please IM me as well.

It is our intention that the site will continue to function as we have known it, and continue to grow, with new features when we see the need.

-Steve
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt
workerofwood
Site Admin

Geocaching.com User Name: workerofwood

Postby workerofwood » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 pm

Still looking for additional volunteers to share the burden of maintaining our site (thanks to those who have inquired...I'll not easily let you off the hook).

Just to make it clear- Lynn and Terry will NOT be available to run this site soon.... so if we want to continue to have this resource up and running, please contact me!

If you know someone that might be qualified, but has not been keeping up with the forums, please put them in touch too.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt
workerofwood
Site Admin

Geocaching.com User Name: workerofwood

Return to Announcements